Avida has been investing in the most advanced technology since 1965 and is at the cutting edge of design in Australia, that’s led to the most technologically advanced manufacturing plant in Sydney Australia.
From the latest three dimensional CAD software, the computer numeric controlled (CNC) cutting equipment, though to our unique PUR hot melt adhesive lamination and cutting system, the technology Avida use is second to none.
Our decades of investment into Research and Design means our products are more advanced than any of our competitors.
Avida was the first to:
- Fit slide outs to motorhomes
- Manufacture A class motorhomes for the Australian market
- Manufacture sandwich panel walls, roofs and floor
- Use electric roll down beds
- Install ducted air-conditioning
- Fit a metal sheet underfloor for additional protection from road debris
- Use domed profile roofs
- Cover our roofs in EDPM rubber membrane to protect them further from the climate
- Test our finished motorhomes in a monsoon style water spray test environment
- Establish an accredited sales and service network
- Allocate market territories to our dealers
- Introduce a free first service* Please refer to owner’s manual for list of inclusions.
- Provide free roadside assistance
- Establish a Customer Support Division
- Offer a 3 year or 1 million kilometre warranty and a 5 year structural guarantee
Avida strives to build motorhomes, caravans and campervans that are light weight, value for money and friendly to the environment whilst still offering the peace of mind with our industry leading Warranty and Aftersales Support.
Our motorhome and caravan body construction offers strength and durability second to none, the engineered body is designed for Australia’s tough climate. The floor is the key – it supports the walls as the walls are fixed to the top of the floor, not just screwed to the floor side. The roof then sits on the top of the walls thus all stress loads are shared and the body and roof gains additional strength.
Avida focuses heavily on its Quality Control processes to ensure the final product is as free of manufacturing defects as possible. We have a quality gate system throughout our production process that ensures a great product of the end of the production lines. We also work closely with our suppliers to ensure that only quality grade material and components are used in the manufacture of each Avida.
Research and Development
Avida has invested heavily in Research and Development with design, engineering and machinery and by investing in the latest technology from around the world and by adding good old Aussie know how, allows Avida to lead the industry in product development. See our Production Video and learn why Avida is number one.
Second Stage of Manufacture Compliance
All Avida Motorhomes and Caravans comply with Australian Design Rules and our Motorhomes are Second Stage of Manufacture Compliant. Our New Zealand Motorhomes are also compliant with the NZ self-containment regulations.
Australian Industry Accredited
RVMAP, Australia’s Caravan Industry accreditation program requires all RV’s produced by members to comply fully with all safety regulations, including Australian Design Rules and Australian Standards. The RVMAP Australia Badge is the “seal of approval” that ensures Australian RV buyers can buy with confidence.
AVIDA IS SUPERIOR!
- We have been building all types of industry products since 1965
- We are 100% Australian owned and operated
- We are not the cheapest but we manufacture the strongest and best quality motorhomes and caravans on the market
- We have our own dedicated in house R&D centre using the latest technology and engineering available
- We test our products, we don’t leave it up to the customer to do it
- We build the lightest Australian manufactured motorhomes and caravans in their class
- We are the only Australian Manufacturer with industry leading superlight sandwich panel construction
- Our Birdsville range has 57mm floors, 33mm walls and 45mm roofs with no plywood in our wall and roof panels (ask the other manufacturers what they do)
- Our Ceduna range has 57mm floors, 33mm walls and 43mm roofs with no plywood in our wall and roof panels (ask the other manufacturers what they do)
- Our Esperance range has 46mm floors, 33mm walls and 100mm roofs with no plywood in our wall panels (ask the other manufacturers what they do)
- Our Eyre range has 57mm floors, 43mm walls and 45mm roofs with no plywood in our wall and roof panels (ask the other manufacturers what they do)
- Our Longreach range has 57mm floors, 33mm walls and 100mm roofs with no plywood in our wall panels (ask the other manufacturers what they do)
- We have industry leading sandwich panel construction roof, walls and floor – keeps things nice and cool- Highest insulated rating motorhomes on the market
- We have the toughest vehicle on the market – you can stand on our roof
- Most products have a full length gutter mould around roof line – stops water running down the sides
- Our motorhomes are fully self-contained – water storage tanks, toilet, hot and cold shower, kitchen etc
- We have an aerodynamic fibreglass moulded front – Best fuel economy according to the NRMA
- We have developed industry leading construction techniques – you wouldn’t want it any other way
- We have some stylish moulded fibreglass rear ends
- We have metal under body protection – for those tough Aussie conditions (not painted ply wood)
- We have a one piece sandwich panel fibreglass roof
- We don’t use aluminium or thin panels on the outside of our motorhomes so we have extreme dent and hail resistant construction
- We DON’T have joins in walls and roofs
- We only use materials from quality suppliers
- We have the latest modern furniture finishes
- We have the most insulation of any motorhome on the market
- We have a unique chassis and underfloor design with next to NO wires and plumbing under floor level so nothing can get caught
- We have a large amount of storage space in all of our motorhomes and caravans
- We have a sleek modern aerodynamic design saving fuel
- We offer Strength, Style and Choice
- We have 3 external fibreglass colours, 10 fabric collections & 13 external decal colours available
- We have Industry leading support during and after the sale
- Your FIRST service is FREE^
- We have a factory trained and accredited Dealer network
- We have over 120 accredited service centres throughout regional Australia
- We have a web based service centre finder system
- We have a 3 year, 1 million kilometre "Factory" warranty
- We have a 5 year structural guarantee
- We have a strong aftersales philosophy with fast spare parts turnaround
- We have a 2 year 24/7 Avida roadside assistance with lots of features
- We are Australian Industry accredited
- We allow our customers on factory tours (by appointment only)
- You can be very confident, you’ve made the right decision when you purchase one of our vehicles
^ Please refer to owner's manual for list of inclusions.