Avida has the most technologically advanced manufacturing plant in Australia.
From the latest three dimensional CAD technologies, the computer numeric controlled cutting equipment, the unique PUR hot melt adhesive application and our laser measuring devices, to the first to introduce slide outs to Australia, the first to manufacture sandwich panels, the first to metal sheathe the underfloor and line the roof with EPDM rubber
Avida strives to build motorhomes and campervans that are economical to run, friendly to the environment and offer peace of mind that we are behind you all the way with our national service network and free roadside assist program.
Reasons Why You Should Buy an Avida:
- We have been building all types of industry products since 1965
- We are 100% Australian owned and operated
- We are not the cheapest but we manufacture the strongest and best quality motorhomes on the market
- We have our own dedicated in house R&D centre using the latest technology and engineering available
- We test our motorhomes, we don’t leave it up to the customer to do it
- We build the lightest Australian Manufactured motorhomes in their class
- We are the only Australian Manufacturer with industry leading superlight sandwich panel construction (ask the other manufacturers what they do)
- We have industry leading sandwich panel construction roof, walls and floor – keeps things nice and cool- Highest insulated rating motorhomes on the market
- We have the toughest vehicle on the market – you can stand on our roof
- We have full length gutter mould around roof line – stops water running down the sides
- Our motorhomes are fully self-contained – water storage tanks, toilet, hot and cold shower, kitchen etc
- We have an aerodynamic fibreglass moulded front – Best fuel economy according to the NRMA
- We have developed industry leading construction techniques – you wouldn’t want it any other way
- We have a stylish moulded fibreglass rear end
- We have metal under body protection – for those tough Aussie conditions (not painted ply wood)
- We have a one piece sandwich panel fibreglass roof
- We don’t use aluminium or thin panels on the outside of our motorhomes so we have extreme dent and hail resistant construction
- We DON’T have joins in walls and roofs
- We only use materials from quality suppliers
- We have the latest modern furniture finishes
- We have the most insulation of any motorhome on the market
- We have a unique chassis and underfloor design with next to NO wires and plumbing under floor level so nothing can get caught
- We have a large amount of storage space in all our motorhomes
- We have a sleek modern aerodynamic design saving fuel
- We offer Strength, Style and Choice
- We have 3 external fibreglass colours, 13 fabric collections & 13 external decal colours available
- We have Industry leading support during and after the sale
- Your FIRST service is FREE
- We have a factory trained and accredited Dealer network
- We have over 120 accredited service centres throughout regional Australia
- We have a web based service centre finder system
- We have a 2 year, 1 million kilometre “Factory” warranty
- We have a 5 year structural guarantee
- We have a strong aftersales philosophy with fast spare parts turnaround
- We have a 2 year 24/7 Avida roadside assistance with lots of features
- We are RVMA accredited
- We allow our customers on factory tours (by appointment only)
- You can be very confident, you’ve made the right decision when you purchase one of our motorhomes
- Chassis matching – Each motorhome model is matched and engineered to a specific chassis
- Long lasting product – Built in Australia for Australian conditions and backed by the best warranty on the market
- Full metal under floor protection – Metal sheeting protects the under body against rocks and road debris
- Aerodynamic moulded nosecones – Nose cones and rear walls are resilient to impact & decrease fuel usage
- Resilient easy clean Superlite panel – Retains its strength year after year and offers easy wipe cleaning
- Walls supported by the floor – No screwing walls to the side of the floor they sit on top for greater support
- Under body corrosion proofing – Treated with corrosion proofing over welds and other modifications
- Body chassis support – Each motorhome body is engineered to a selected chassis with approval and support from the chassis providers. The chassis must be capable of withstanding the constant weight of the body.
- Body construction – Welded frame or technologically advanced interlocking materials provide strength to the body
- Thicker wall frames – Wall frames are thicker than most, other brands providing stronger support for the roof
- Stronger load bearing roof – Roofs are engineered to withstand loads
- More polystyrene insulation – Body components are fully insulated with polystyrene for climate and noise control
- Fully Insulated – Polystyrene insulation of up to 100mm thick for strength, climate protection and noise reduction
- Floor board – Overlapping sheets and laminated interlocking construction ensures strength and joint creak minimized
- Furniture is screwed not stapled – Cabinetry is stronger utilizing screwed frames and joins, no weak staples
Research & Development
- Avida has invested heavily in design and engineering, both in skilled people familiar with RV engineering requirements and also in computer and technical equipment incorporating the latest in design and engineering software.
- Each Avida model is designed with input from our dealers and customers together with planned strategies regarding the forecast direction of the RV Market.
- Extensive planning sessions deliberate on the finest detail, at all times remaining mindful of government regulations, weight factors and customer desires.
- Computer 3D prototyping assists in the development of design features and production techniques. Real prototyping on elements of each model allows for proper assessment of the suitability of certain features.
- The final model is both road tested and “live” tested to ensure the final design is suitable and is capable of gaining market appeal.